Best for updates

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm starting to think about my next phone. It's not going to be for a few months yet, but I'm thinking.

One thing that's important to me is updates, especially the security patches. I also want to get an unlocked phone. Which unlocked phones, in your experience are the best for getting timely updates? Obviously there is the Pixel, but the lack of water resistance is a real barrier for me.

I really don't care about looks, especially since the nicest looking phones are the most scratch prone. But, I really don't want to lose my phone because I got stuck in the rain (which has happened to me.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm aware of these phones, but they don't have water proofing. Is there nothing out there with a decent record on updates and a decent IP rating as well?

Those are the only phones that get the monthly security updates at the beginning of that month.

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I was going to say Pixel, Nexus or BlackBerry, but was beaten to it! Maybe Jerry or somebody else will hopefully chime in to give you a better suggestion. Why not get a Pixel XL and buy a waterproof case for it? They have manufacturers that make legitimate weather cases for them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira