My kiddo is, more or less, phone freak, like all small kids are. He reads, writes and understands everything in English (and still doesn't go to school - English is not our mother tongue). But, the problem is that he sets passwords everywhere and I can hardly get his phone unlocked (only when I am very, patient and have all my attention on his phone) to check on him. And of course, he notices all changes done if so.

Please, don't tell me about raising children. I believe this is a huge problem for many parents, but my kid is just a bit too smart to let me do this in a way other parents have done it (talked to enough many parents already).

So, I got an issue here.
    Gotta check all he does online. He may be smart, but he is minor!
    Need an application to install on his phone in order to be able to control him even when he has locked the phone and I can't just hope I will find it unlocked. And believe me, as a single mom, we have had sooooo much talk and explanation on enough many things regarding internet, security etc., but he wouldn't let me check, he keeps setting passwords.

What application is (hopefully) free of charge, doesn't require rooting and will let me check all of his activity without him noticing it is installed? And yes, a geek, with accounts everywhere, that is what my kid is! Quite many parents from the kindergarten have similar problem like mine.

HELP ASAP, PLEASE!
    09-05-2017 02:48 AM
    There are many programs that do what you want. The good one's are not free and some charge a subscription. You will have to have access to his computer to install the program. Most large companies are now using those to monitor their employees so you can do a Google search to find what you want.

But, your son may find a way to circumvent your efforts by using another computer.
    09-05-2017 01:44 PM
    OK, can you suggest me a few?
    And we are talking phones and tablets more than computers. Would they need rooting? If yes, then I am doomed since I don't think I can manage doing that.
    09-08-2017 04:39 PM
    I just did a Google search on 'monitoring software for Android' and found hundreds. You didn't say what kind of computer your son was using so just substitute your sons computer, ie, windows or Iphone, or Apple or Android and you can find one that fits your needs.
    09-09-2017 09:40 AM
    If your kid has an Android phone what you need is the password to his google account. And have the backup email and phone be YOUR phone and email.

Reading everything your kid does is not a terribly good idea, even though your child is a minor, unless you have a specific issues that you have concern about. You don't teach a kid how to respect boundaries and maintain his own boundaries by blowing right past his boundaries. And secretly reading his texts, posts, etc. has a real tendency to blow up in your face.

That's not to say that you shouldn't have the capacity to monitor and check - which is why you should start with the account / password set up. If you set the account up correctly, he can't change the password without notifying you.

Look for "parental control" apps. The two that I currently use (different users, different needs) are NetSpark, which doesn't do much logging, but provides good controls and decent filtering. The other is Norton Family. That gives you more logging and less control over what apps your kid has on his phone / tablet, etc. They work, are kept up to date, and allow you to do a lot of the management without physical access to the phone. And, properly set up, the kid can't get rid of it.
    09-10-2017 03:51 PM