Moto G5 Plus heating?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi MrMobile! ;)

I had a Moto G4 Plus for a couple of days but had to return it because it became pretty hot by doing very mundane tasks (like updating apps from the Google Play). Searching around the Web, it seems that was a problem that many users faced.

During your review of its descendant, the Moto G5 Plus, did you get any heating issues?

Thanks!

MrMobile

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi dlalonde!

I didn't experience any irregular heating during my review period. I haven't really known the Snapdragon 625 to run hot, so that's no surprise. Still, it has a metal body so you're bound to notice heating quickly if it does happen. I should note that I've often had thermal issues on devices when I have them charging and updating Play Store apps at the same time, regardless of make or model. Hope this helps a bit!

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi dlalonde!

I didn't experience any irregular heating during my review period. I haven't really known the Snapdragon 625 to run hot, so that's no surprise. Still, it has a metal body so you're bound to notice heating quickly if it does happen. I should note that I've often had thermal issues on devices when I have them charging and updating Play Store apps at the same time, regardless of make or model. Hope this helps a bit!

It does thank you! With the Moto G4 Plus, it would heat up without it charging so that's when I realized there may have been something wrong with the model. I'm pondering getting the Moto G5 Plus or wait for the Moto Z2 Play.

Thanks for the tip! :)

SugaryxTibs

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm planning to buy Moto G5 Plus and while I was browsing Flipkart the reviews for the phone was bad, the majority of the users are facing overheating issue. So does the phone overheats if when it's on standby? or just during graphic intensive gaming. Is the phone safe? D:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance