What is your daily driver/preferred skin?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I've asked this in another forum but I thought I take this opportunity to ask directly.

After every phone comes out, there's generally a flood of praise, mostly for the same models (Galaxy, Nexus/Pixel, LG, etc) unless the phone is really bad like the HTC U Ultra which seems to be universally seen as a bad phone. But you guys must have a favourite phone, skin (TouchWiz, Sense, stock, etc) and so on.

For instance, the S8 has been receiving love from all sides. But I'm curious to know how many reviewers actually use it as their daily driver. I get the impression most of them use the Pixel or now the S8.

So what about you Mr. Mobile? Do you have a favourite phone/skin? Do you prefer stock maybe? What phone do you use as a daily driver (other than the ones you have to test)?

Thanks! :)

MrMobile

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the most common questions I get, and I wish I had a better answer for it. When I wasn't reviewing phones 100% of the time, I absolutely had favorites ... but now that smartphone reviews (both new and Review Re-Do) happen so frequently on the channel, I'm basically on a new phone every week. So there's really no phone I "come home to" anymore. At the moment I'm using KEYone because I'm just relishing something different -- which is the same reason I never choose Samsung phones for my daily carry. Too common. :)

As for skins: I prefer stock Android, and when that's not available I use Nova launcher with the Pixel icon pack. Planning a video to go into detail on this soon. Stay tuned!

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
This is one of the most common questions I get, and I wish I had a better answer for it. When I wasn't reviewing phones 100% of the time, I absolutely had favorites ... but now that smartphone reviews (both new and Review Re-Do) happen so frequently on the channel, I'm basically on a new phone every week. So there's really no phone I "come home to" anymore. At the moment I'm using KEYone because I'm just relishing something different -- which is the same reason I never choose Samsung phones for my daily carry. Too common. :)

As for skins: I prefer stock Android, and when that's not available I use Nova launcher with the Pixel icon pack. Planning a video to go into detail on this soon. Stay tuned!

Nice! Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to that video! :)

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you are saying you prefer Google, Moto, or Blackberry devices if only for the stockish nature.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you are saying you prefer Google, Moto, or Blackberry devices if only for the stockish nature.

Yeah from watching his videos throughout the years, he did express his love for Motorola's near stock experience (which I totally agree with).

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Me too, in a pinch I can use anything and switch out launchers, keyboards etc. I am currently using an honor 8. But ultimately I plan on getting a bargain bin moto, or pixel whenever I find a screaming deal.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Me too, in a pinch I can use anything and switch out launchers, keyboards etc. I am currently using an honor 8. But ultimately I plan on getting a bargain bin moto, or pixel whenever I find a screaming deal.

Yeah I'm waiting for the Moto Z2 Play to sell my S7.