Missing device folders on lg aristo after clearing data

KatieBlue

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi MM,
I got a new phone and carrier back in June and ever since getting it my Google photos have never synced correctly. I didn't xfr any data from my last phone to this one bc everything and everyone I've asked has said that as long as I used the same Google account and had back up and sync on, that all my pics would sync. Most recently I finally and reluctantly cleared my data from GP and now even the folders I had amassed on this new phone are missing. I have rebooted, I have used file explorer (where many of the original and new file folders show up but have nothing in them), I have cleared my cache and data (for the app and the phone), I have rebooted, and I've checked archive and trash and I don't see any of them. And it's 10000s of pictures, all of which I've backed up and syncd but yet are seemingly nowhere! When I cleared my phones data I also apparently wiped out the home screen widgets as well and as I live on the road my phone has my life on it! System recovery also won't work as I don't have enough memory to add it all back onto the phone altho my memory is not full bc of the archive feature (I still have 4G of data left and I have an unlimited data plan as well just as an FYI). I had a Samsung edge 6 which I hated and thus the switch. Can you please help?! I'm a photographer and a writer so this disappearance is hugely upsetting. I appreciate it. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
everyone I've asked has said that as long as I used the same Google account and had back up and sync on, that all my pics would sync
This depends on a couple of things:

1. If you're not connected to wi-fi, you have to make sure Google Photos is set to backup photos over mobile data.

2. All photos in the Camera folder will backup by default; however, other images in folders besides the Camera folder won't, unless you specifically selected those folders to backup as well.

Go to photos.google.com on your computer browser. Do you see any of the missing photos there? If you backed up the photos to your Google Photos in the cloud, that's where they should be visible. As long as they're there, they are safe, and should re-sync with the Google Photos app. But be aware that re-syncing the photos can take a while, especially if you have that many photos. If your data connection is slow, it will take even more time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan