I have a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 6.0.1 and ever since I denied phone and contacts permissions for Google Play Services, I cannot make phone calls and SMS traffic is screwed up too.

IMHO, Google Play Services does not need these permissions and by preventing me from making phone calls, it is actually putting my life at risk as I am a diabetic.
    04-28-2020 03:21 PM
    So when you enable it , evething goes back to normal?

ll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    04-28-2020 03:24 PM
    need it to run the google created operating system on the phone. if your health is in danger, then you need to give it permission or use another phone that does not use android. it is all on you.
    L0n3N1nja and VidJunky like this.
    04-28-2020 03:31 PM
    I have a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 6.0.1 and ever since I denied phone and contacts permissions for Google Play Services, I cannot make phone calls and SMS traffic is screwed up too.

IMHO, Google Play Services does not need these permissions and by preventing me from making phone calls, it is actually putting my life at risk as I am a diabetic.
    It won't work now because it's not a phone. When you make a phone call, it is through the use of an app, running on the phones operating system, Android, controlled by Google and its services.
    04-28-2020 04:01 PM
    It's a key OS service. It has many dependencies that need it enabled to operate properly.
    Get a "dumb" basic phone if you just want to text and make phone calls.
    I have no wuv of data mining Google either... I feel yeah
    04-28-2020 07:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Keep in mind that Google Play Services is not just related to selling you apps. Think of it as an extension of the actual OS. But I agree with blackhawkhot -- if this makes you uncomfortable, then you should probably consider a featurephone.
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-28-2020 08:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Keep in mind that Google Play Services is not just related to selling you apps. Think of it as an extension of the actual OS. But I agree with blackhawkhot -- if this makes you uncomfortable, then you should probably consider a featurephone.
    If disabled all the Google services including Gmail, Maps and probably Playstore won't work.
    I don't touch it except to update; if it gets too large (and eventually it does) clearing the data makes you have reset all the google accounts.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_mobile_services
    04-28-2020 08:27 PM
    Yeah, I just let it do its thing. I rarely see problems associated with it.
    04-28-2020 08:48 PM