So recently it started playing some eerie music from an unknown source I 'v closed all tabs and tried turning it off and on again, and that work for a day but now it's back and idk what to do cuz it plays over everything. will I have to factory reset it? will that even do anything? I hope someone can give me a solution that doesn't involve factory resetting. I only want to do that as my last resort.
    04-28-2020 06:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. To reply to this thread please create an account This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html

When does this start? I mean does something have to be playing or start playing for this happen or is it completely random? Can you make this happen by doing XYZ?

You speak of the music as if it is not music that is stored on the device, is this music stored on the device or available to you in one of your libraries?

When it is playing and pull down the notification shade, nothing shows media playing?

Have you tried disabling your music players? Disabling them would be the best way to test but some players may have come preinstalled on the device and may only allow you to force stop them. Settings>Applications>*media player>Force stop

Give us a better idea of what is going on and answer these questions so that we'll have a better place to start with advice.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-28-2020 07:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which tablet do you have? Is it the same music that plays each time? Does it continue playing, or is it just a short clip (as if it were a notification tone)?
    04-28-2020 07:51 PM
    @VidJunky Hi, thanks for responding, yeah it's music that I don't have stored on my device I've never heard it before. it starts randomly I can't make it happen it does it on its own.

@B.DiddyThanks, yes it's the same music and it's on a loop for about 2 minutes then it will fade out for a few seconds then start up again
    04-29-2020 04:31 PM
    Put device in safe mode see if it still happens
    04-29-2020 05:01 PM
    When you hear the music, immediately open the tablet and then tap the Recent Apps/Overview button -- do you see anything there that might be responsible?

You've already checked the notification panel when the music is playing, as suggested by VidJunky?

Any alarms set? Try setting an alarm, then choose a different alarm tone -- see if that music track is listed in the alarm tone choices.
    04-29-2020 05:51 PM
    what is safe mode ?

The music only plays when the tablet is on, and when I hear it I close all apps and tabs but it still plays I even go to the settings and force stop every app even ones running in the background but it still plays.

I doubt it's an alarm because the sound quality is really low, almost like someone recorded it with their phone, but I'll check
    05-01-2020 07:30 PM
    It temporarily disables any app you may have installed to narrow the problem down to something you installed vs a problem with the system. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...g-galaxy-tab-a

Also, when you hear the music, did you actually tap the Recent Apps/Overview button to see what shows?
    05-01-2020 07:35 PM
    what is safe mode ?
    Safe mode is a built in tool of the OS to diagnose issues, sorta like your computer has safe mode .
    If its ok in safe mode most likely a 3rd party app u downloaded. Also chrome web browser long press that app and scroll down to notifications and turn it off as this could be a potential issue also from going into different websites.
    05-01-2020 08:40 PM