Is there an alarm clock app where you can dismiss the alarm on bluetooth?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to use a bluetooth headset at night, both to fall asleep to music and play the alarm. I've tried a couple, right now it is Alarm Xtreme, but have yet to find one that will allow me to use the buttons on my bluetooth device to dismiss/snooze the alarm when it goes off. That being said, it is kind of a waste to have bluetooth, as you still need to have the phone at hand. Is there an alarm app that I can control with the buttons on my headset?

Thanks!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen one. Not that it's difficult to develop one, it's just not something that would come into most developers' minds. (I've only been developing software for going on 47 years, and I never thought of anything like that.) You could email AVG (they developed the app) at mobile-support@avg.com and ask if they could add it. It isn't a difficult thing to do.

dkennell998

Jul 19, 2022
Visit site
I'd like this feature too, it makes complete sense. Google clock lets you shut off an alarm via volume control. If you're on bluetooth headphones it makes sense that you'd be able to do the same thing from those volume controls. I have an alarm that goes off each night that lets me know that it's getting late and I'm usually on my headphones. Would love to be able to just click a button and keep listening without having to look at my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'd like this feature too, it makes complete sense. Google clock lets you shut off an alarm via volume control. If you're on bluetooth headphones it makes sense that you'd be able to do the same thing from those volume controls. I have an alarm that goes off each night that lets me know that it's getting late and I'm usually on my headphones. Would love to be able to just click a button and keep listening without having to look at my phone.
Welcome to AC!
Which phone you have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol