My cell was on 1% bettry. i plugged in my charger and used it on 1%. I removed the charger and the cell truned off... I pluged in my charger again it show some charging but suddenly it stop showin charging and now its not chraging my device
    05-05-2020 08:55 PM
    Which phone?
    Try another cable and wall charger and let it charge fore 4 to 6 hours undisturbed

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    05-05-2020 09:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In general, avoid frequent deep discharges like that -- it contributes to shortening of the battery's overall lifespan.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-06-2020 12:28 AM
    Leave the charger plugged in overnight. If that doesn't do it, you have to take (or send, these days) the phone to a repair shop and have the battery replaced.

Try to not let the battery drop below 45%. At 40% turn the phone offif you can't charge it! Dropping it to 1% a few times can kill a brand new battery.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-06-2020 04:07 PM
    Leave the charger plugged in overnight. If that doesn't do it, you have to take (or send, these days) the phone to a repair shop and have the battery replaced.

Try to not let the battery drop below 45%. At 40% turn the phone offif you can't charge it! Dropping it to 1% a few times can kill a brand new battery.
    The only way you can kill an LI is to use to use the phone until it does an auto shutdown because of low voltage, then leave it sit for at least a few days before charging.
    Both the phone battery controller and the LI onboard controller have low voltage shutdowns to prevent a full discharge.
    The LI packs controller will not allow a charge if the voltage drop roughly 3 % more, I think it is.
    The battery losses a 2-3% of it's charge per month so at 5% you should be ok for at least a few days.
    High temps with a full charge cause the most degradation to a LI pack not sitting partially discharge as long as it drop the the critical voltage where it's controller disables it. Even then if you bypassed the controller it would probably charge but if it flat lined completely and lost it's polarization it could overheat or explode.
    There are built in redundant safeguards to keep you from destroying the LI pack in one shot.

That said LI's especially don't like going beyond the knee in their discharge curve at around 20%.
    30-40% is a good discharge cut off point.
    However if you charge to above 90% and especially to 100% it's rather pointless as that's the range the most damage occurs. Higher voltage potential means faster chemical reactions ie degradation.
    On the lower end, below 30% and especially 20% you don't gain many more watt/hours per percent because of the lowering voltage. At the same time going that low drags the charging temp higher inducing more damage than a smaller cycle would.
    It's the top end of the charge cycle though where the most damage occurs.

Bad charger and/or cable are the most likely suspects even if it "seems" to be getting power.
    05-06-2020 04:50 PM