I tried to reset my samsung galaxy note that had not been used for awhile. Its not on a cellular plan. Now it will not let me sign into my samsung account to verify that its really my phone. I've tried resetting password and everything but it still says process failed. Any way to download software via an sd card to reset it. Customer service says take it to a repair shop...but its an old phone. I just want to be able to use it. It shows up s signed in on my google account and samsung accounts on pc but wont let me do it on the phone
    05-05-2020 09:51 PM
    Try factory reset through recovery , im not sure find my Samsung works on older Samsung phones

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    05-05-2020 10:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Has this always been your phone, or did you get it from somebody else? If it's always been yours, did you just forget the Google account that you originally signed into that phone with?

See this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...d-pattern.html
    05-06-2020 12:26 AM
    Samsung pushed an update to the Samsung servers requiring 2 Factor Auth, and the older devices from that era, pre Nougat, don't support 2FA natively and needed to be implemented on a per app basis, but the Samsung Cloud app never got pushed that far back.
    05-06-2020 07:21 AM
    Samsung pushed an update to the Samsung servers requiring 2 Factor Auth, and the older devices from that era, pre Nougat, don't support 2FA natively and needed to be implemented on a per app basis, but the Samsung Cloud app never got pushed that far back.
    Yeah cloud app i think came s8 version and up
    05-06-2020 09:19 AM