Why does my phone ignore a scheduled software update and then update whenever it feels like?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I ALWAYS schedule my software updates for when I am asleep. Obviously, this is to make sure I can use my device when it is needed, ie while I am awake. Usually, I schedule the update at either 2am or 3am. Ever since getting the Samsung Galaxy 10e, software updates occur the next morning, about an hour after I get up and start using it. This means that 2 or 3am has passed, and my phone has completely ignored my scheduled software update. I wake up, see the notification that the software still needs to be updated, it even tells me that the update is now scheduled for 10:30am, a time I would not choose, as I have an ALARM at 10:30am. 10:30am comes and goes, no update is performed. The update decides to ONLY start once I am actively using the phone for about an hour. I have searched for an answer to this problem, have seen a LOT of similar questions asked, but no answer given is ever pertinent. I do not have battery saver on, the phone remains powered on all night, I have even stayed awake until the scheduled update time and just stared at my powered on phone, waiting for it to update, and it does not. What gives? Why give me an option to schedule the software update if the phone is determined to ignore me?

LostTerminal1

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Of course not. The phone has already updated, per my original post. Plus, that is not even how the notification occurs in the first place. It is a notification in the notification menu. I never have to manually update by going into Settings.

Also, this has been occurring without fail every single time an update is available since September 2019.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Of course not. The phone has already updated, per my original post. Plus, that is not even how the notification occurs in the first place. It is a notification in the notification menu. I never have to manually update by going into Settings.

Also, this has been occurring without fail every single time an update is available since September 2019.
Its not what I'm asking , go to software update page i like to see your options Screenshot_20200506-151002_Settings.jpeg

LostTerminal1

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Why? I WANT the phone to auto check for updates over wifi. When it finds an update, the notification appears, then and only then do I schedule the update. With that toggled off, I will have to manually check for updates and will not be offered a schedule.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why? I WANT the phone to auto check for updates over wifi. When it finds an update, the notification appears, then and only then do I schedule the update. With that toggled off, I will have to manually check for updates and will not be offered a schedule.
It might interfere with scheduling
, as that wants it to download once its on wifi as soon as its available and might override scheduling

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante