Set up tab S6

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Setting up new tab S6 made errors in google info. Could not sort it and so did Factory Reset. Now cannot set up because it keeps wanting my Google Account details saying 'to continue with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device'.

On previous setup attempt I had not got as far as syncing anything.

There seems to be no obvious way round this problem.

Can someone advise me as to how to proceed and progress.

Thanks, Macknagh0]

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Was this a new device or just new to you? If it is new to you, it seems the previous owner did not properly reset the device and you'll need to work with them to remove their account before you can use it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Macknagh

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Was this a new device or just new to you? If it is new to you, it seems the previous owner did not properly reset the device and you'll need to work with them to remove their account before you can use it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

This was a brand new device. I had started setup when I erred whilst setting up google. Could not proceed so carried out factory reset. Now can get no further than wifi setup.
Any advice would be much appreciated+

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you err while setting up Google? Can you give more details about that? Did you enter a different Google account than your usual one?

Macknagh

May 7, 2020
Visit site
How did you err while setting up Google? Can you give more details about that? Did you enter a different Google account than your usual one?

I think I must have done.

I am wondering if I transfer all content from previous Tab (this option comes before all the Google stuff) whether that would sort things and worry about Google later. Would this work do you think?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have multiple Google accounts? If so, can you try entering the login information for those? When you set up a phone, entering the incorrect Google information wouldn't allow you to proceed, so it must be a valid Google account you entered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance