My microphones randomly stop working

Kamen Kalchev

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Hi there!
My phone is Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. It was upgraded to Android 10 about a month ago. It was working fine 2-3 weeks after the upgrade so I'm not sure if it's related but last week my both microphones randomly stop working. Usually they work several hours after I restart my phone but at some moment they switch off completely - no matter if it's for calls, google assistant, test apps, sound meters - they hear nothing. Still some programs seem to wake them up - like Skype's echo and after that they work for some time but later they switch off again. Shaking, knocking the phone doesn't seem to make them work so it looks like a software problem (I haven't installed anything before the problem occurred) but what exactly and how can it be fixed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Kamen Kalchev

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for answering! I tried safe mode, it works but I can't conclude anything because as I said the problem usually occurs only several hours after restart and it's uncomfortable to stay all day long in safe mode. I consider factory reset too but if there is a better idea I would be grateful

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, that will be hard to pinpoint without any suspected culprits to start with. It's possible that some app you had installed is not playing nice with the Android 10 update, but there's no easy way to figure that out.:-\

Kamen Kalchev

May 7, 2020
Visit site
That's what I would like to know - what could be suspected. I have granted access to the microphone only to the most used programs like the phone, google and some communication apps but not sure if an app without permission could still cause the problem, a system bug or it still could be the hardware

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any app can be suspected. A developer can leave an undetected bug in the app.

Try putting the phone into safe mode when you go to sleep (plug in the charger, just to be safe). See if it happens again when you wake up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for answering! I tried safe mode, it works but I can't conclude anything because as I said the problem usually occurs only several hours after restart and it's uncomfortable to stay all day long in safe mode. I consider factory reset too but if there is a better idea I would be grateful
Those type of issues are hard to find ,happening several hours later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo