How can i retrieve my lockscreen on my samsung A5

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I lost my original lockscreen photo and cannot find it in my gallery.
Please help

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. To reply to this thread please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Your original as in the stock one that came on the device? That would most likely be in "Your themes". Settings>Themes>three lines top left My Stuff. There you can see any theming items you've downloaded from Samsung and all of your stock items that came on the device.

If you have other questions please join and comment.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you created a custom lockscreen wallpaper and then deleted the original photo from your storage, then you're probably out of luck. I believe the system stores your custom wallpaper image in a protected system directory, but if you delete your original photo, you won't be able to access that system directory unless you root the phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...if you delete your original photo, you won't be able to access that system directory unless you root the phone.

Except the act of rooting after the fact will wipe all data, rendering any recovery effectively impossible.

At this point, about the only option would be to see if it was backed up on Google Photos or similar service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49