My Honor 10 suddenly has a dead zone in the middle portion of the touch screen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Honor 10 has a dead zone in the middle portion of the touch screen, it is also accompanied with ghost touch issues. I bought this phone in 2018, so far it was good, no water damage or damage due to dropping yet. This similar problem occurred a few months back too, but it returned to the normal state after few days. Any idea why it might be showing this.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you just applied a new screen protector? I can't remember - does the Honor 10 have a curved screen?

Does the dead zone occur all the time - even when you're using apps like Facebook?

You said the issue kind of resolved itself after a few days the first time around - has a similar amount of time passed now?

Jess Jerin

May 10, 2020
Visit site
No it doesn't have a curved screen. I had a screen protector and I thought it might be the issue of the screen protector, so I removed it but it wasn't. It's still the same.
Yeah that certain period is already over, its been 2 weeks already.
The dead zone is present always, not some specific apps.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't have a curved screen. I had a screen protector and I thought it might be the issue of the screen protector, so I removed it but it wasn't. It's still the same.
Yeah that certain period is already over, its been 2 weeks already.
The dead zone is present always, not some specific apps.

Is there a crack or any kind of scratch on the dead portion of the screen? Perhaps it could be a hardware issue if it is present for all apps and under all conditions. Have you seen if the issue persists while in Safe Mode?