I want the same layout each time I go to the home screen. Then when I go to use an app I am not going to accidentally move it.
    What is the best way to do this on a Moto G6 with android Pie?
    05-10-2020 08:10 AM
    Welcome to the forums. The stock launcher doesn't include that option and you need to use a custom one, such as Nova launcher.
    05-10-2020 08:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! One thing you can do is to increase the duration required to register a long-press. Go to Settings>Accessibility>Touch & Hold Delay​, and change it to Long. This will decrease the chance that the phone thinks you're trying to drag an app icon around.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    05-11-2020 02:17 AM
    I am surprised that my request is not a standard feature. I put it on 'long' and restarted the phone (may not have been necessary) but it has not provided a solution.
    Are there any downsides to using Nova??
    Thanks for the help.
    05-12-2020 03:06 AM
    There can be so many features that various people find useful that aren't included in the basic Android interface. Manufacturers and developers have to decide on what's most useful for their customers, balanced by what might make things too cluttered or confusing.

I've used Nova for many years, and have not encountered any significant downsides. If you have Android 10 (which, since you have a Moto G6, wouldn't be the case), then the Android 10 gesture navigation might be an issue, since the compatibility is still somewhat iffy with Nova. Android 10 gesture nav works fine on my Pixel 3 XL with Nova, but I think other non-Pixel phones with Android 10 might still have problems with it.

On the flip side, Nova has a great many upsides, including a heck of a lot more versatility and customizability.
    05-12-2020 04:00 AM
    I am surprised that my request is not a standard feature. I put it on 'long' and restarted the phone (may not have been necessary) but it has not provided a solution.
    Thanks for the help.
    Thanks for registering. Nova is a great launcher and many of us have been using it for a very long time. You won't find any downside and it's very easy to switch between launchers if you don't like it.

My parents had a similar problem years ago when I bought them their first smartphone. I installed Nova, made some personalization and locked the desktop to avoid accidental changes. They were very happy and haven't changed anything since then!

If you are using Moto one-button navigation gestures they won't be affected by the new launcher.
    05-12-2020 07:52 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    Hi, welcome to AC !
    No downside on Nova launcher
    05-12-2020 08:42 AM