New shield icon next to LTE

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Question of the day....I searched the web up and down all morning. Still can't figure out this morning brand new icon in my status bar: shield looking icon to the left of LTE.

Screenshot here : ibb.co/YchDyz2

If I pull down the status bar, it disappears.

I got a SONIM XP8800 with Android 8.1.0

Any ideas? (OCD-me is losing it here, lol)
😎🤙

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Sebastien Brisebois

May 11, 2020
Visit site
All SONIM apps are disabled, that I can see.

No VPN.

A friend with the same phone, now has the same icon. So probably SONIM related.

I am left with one the existential question....why? No info, no options and no apparent function. What is the benefit of a new useless icon taking up my screen real-estate ?

Thank you all for pitching in your ideas, by the way!
:)

Sebastien Brisebois

May 11, 2020
Visit site
Found this on REDDIT ....
"To all my sonim xp8 users its from sonim called safeguard you can find it in the play store I guess it came with the phone and recently updated to add that annoying icon..your welcome! And to top it off there seems to be no way of getting rid of the icon cause it's tied to sonim scout which contains a lot of stuff for our phones to work"

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Found this on REDDIT ....
"To all my sonim xp8 users its from sonim called safeguard you can find it in the play store I guess it came with the phone and recently updated to add that annoying icon..your welcome! And to top it off there seems to be no way of getting rid of the icon cause it's tied to sonim scout which contains a lot of stuff for our phones to work"
Thanks for posted fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci