This is a known issue: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/120630908?fbclid=IwAR3Nugs6yt2O1U8EmunycxUc_a_xf69R7wsZa96vAV0j06BeNM5kydSysn4

I have a Pixel XL1. I have no hope or optimism it will be fixed, but I am worried that if I get a Pixel 3/4 (a or XL) I will have the same problem.

It's gotten so bad I have to be tethered 100% of the time, or if phone has an app running, like YT or a podcast, I have to run to the nearest outlet if I want to go to a different room. It basically turns off at anywhere from 90% - 40% (this varies), but it's not a battery issue - it's a software issue. The phone literally just powers off.

I had a full charge today, was in the store, opened the photo app to take a pic, and it didnt even let me get to the shutter before it turned off.

So....PX1 isnt supported but again, worried about newer models.

Do you have this issue?
    05-11-2020 03:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The first gen Pixel is pretty old by now -- 4 years old. If the phone's been used pretty heavily over that span, it's certainly possible the battery is failing. This could very much be a battery issue, and not software -- it's why Apple put in that infamous CPU throttling into iPhones, because they knew that as batteries degraded over time, they had a higher chance of causing an unexpected shutdown. https://9to5mac.com/2020/01/12/what-...oes-it-happen/
    05-11-2020 04:07 PM
    When you do get the phone powered up again or plug it in, it would be helpful to know what the battery percentage is before it gets a chance to charge.

Edit: I just looked at the error reporting link, and everyone looks to be complaining of the tell tale signs of a bad battery. That isn't anything that can be fixed with a software update because it isn't a bug. The only solution is a new battery, and the problem with that is there are no new batteries available. At best, you would get an old stock battery in original packaging that is already well on its way to deterioration.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-11-2020 04:24 PM
    Newer pixels don't usually show this problem, but the batteries are newer. This definitely sounds like a hardware issue. My daughter's friend has a pixel they bought off me a long time ago. She has had some battery issues. We got a new battery but she hasn't fitted it yet. It is because the phone is very old now. Upgrading to a newer phone should stop the problem. I have had a pixel 2 since launch and its battery is still going strong.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-11-2020 05:41 PM