I have a Samsung Galaxy Sky and I cannot get it to charge. I have to use an older broken phone that takes the same battery, charge that, and then put the battery into the Galaxy Sky. I have tried plugging it into my computer and the wall, buying a new wall block and cable, and buying a new battery. I have tried all of these options on friends' phones, and they work just fine. Is my phone a lost cause, or is there something I can do to fix it?
    05-12-2020 09:30 AM
    It sounds like you either have an app running in the background that is causing excessive drain (though you would have indicated poor battery life if this was the case) or the charging circuit in the phone simply isn't working right. That could end up being the port itself, a cable or the logic board. Depending on the cost to repair, you might be better off getting a newer phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-12-2020 09:46 AM
    This does sound like a hardware problem in the phone. It was released about 3.5 years ago and looks to be a Tracphone or similar use phone. My guess is the cost to repair it would be high enough that you'll be better off just replacing the phone all together.
    05-12-2020 10:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The phone's charging port could be broken. Unless you have crucial information on the phone (that isn't backed up anywhere else) that you need to access, it won't be worth repairing it. Get a newer, more modern phone.
    05-12-2020 12:56 PM