Is there really no direct way to copy a phone number that just called you?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an LG Thinq something or other. New to Android, was previously using Iphone since 2009.

Scenario: A customer calls me, I want to have my service manager call them back. I hang up and want to text their number to my service manger. I click on the call in the call log, it displays their phone number/info and I cannot copy the phone number...

Now if your answer to my question is to hit add a contact, then copy the number from the number line, then hit cancel, then hit i'm sure, buzz off, I'm not an *****. My question is how the hell is there no option to copy the number that is staring in my face from the call log screen? Why do I have to go through 4 other steps to copy the dang number? I really like my new android, except for a couple of really obvious UI things like this. Like come on, designers.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like an LG issue with the phone app. My Pixel with the Google phone app allows me to copy a number from the recent calls list, I just have to long-press on the call and the pop-up menu comes up with the option to copy the number.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yep, what hallux describes is what I see as well. Where exactly are you looking to try to copy the number? Are you in the Recents tab of your Phone app, or is there a separate Call Log menu?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's very strange. I've checked on three different phones running three different Android versions and in all of them when I long press a phone number in the recent calls log I get the option to copy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome