Will Samsung S9 automatically send all draft texts after a software update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My S9 sent two texts which appear to have been drafts. I was unaware they were in drafts but they sent after the phone had done a soft ware update. Is this possible or normal?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I'd have to say this isn't typical behavior, at least none that I've heard of. I suppose it's possible, if the message was being held as a draft something could have happened where the SMS app thought these messages were undelivered and did something like a "resend" function. Were the messages in threads that you were up on? I mean were they to people you had talked to recently enough to be able to see the threads in your feed without scrolling? If they were way down in your feed... what I'm trying to ask is were these actually drafts, or could they have been failed messages? Usually conversations in your feed that have draft messages will say draft right there in the feed without having to open the conversation, but if none of your conversations said this, they could have been failed messages that you didn't know failed at the time and this update caused the app to try and resend failed messages. I can see that happening before imagining an app sending a draft.

To reply to this thread please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I'd have to say this isn't typical behavior, at least none that I've heard of. I suppose it's possible, if the message was being held as a draft something could have happened where the SMS app thought these messages were undelivered and did something like a "resend" function. Were the messages in threads that you were up on? I mean were they to people you had talked to recently enough to be able to see the threads in your feed without scrolling? If they were way down in your feed... what I'm trying to ask is were these actually drafts, or could they have been failed messages? Usually conversations in your feed that have draft messages will say draft right there in the feed without having to open the conversation, but if none of your conversations said this, they could have been failed messages that you didn't know failed at the time and this update caused the app to try and resend failed messages. I can see that happening before imagining an app sending a draft.

To reply to this thread please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Good point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol