hi i have a tab 4, 5.0 android kitkat. i use it mainly for off road. I have the gaia gps trail app and this app is the old version I don't updated it because it has a special map i like to use. If i updtae the app to the newest version this version does not include this map i like so much. I would like to buy a newer tablet at least 8.5 android version, if i back up my old tablet then i restore the info into the new one CAN I STILL HAVE THE GAIA APP with the older version i like ? Or would it be updated to the newest version when restoring apps. Thanks for the help
    05-20-2020 12:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You'd have to find the apk file for that specific version and install it. But downloading and installing apk files from random websites can increase your risk of malware. The main apk site that I would consider trustworthy is apkmirror.com, since it's run by the people at Android Police.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-20-2020 12:27 AM