Why is my phone updating so regularly?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I believe that my question warrants an updated response because I have no desire to have my phone updated ever 3 or 4 days without my permission, and there is no access menu on the phone that's available for me to turn off the automatic updating that is being done on my phone. You all just keep updating my phone without my permission, and forcing me to sign in to this Samsung Account that is on my phone. I have no desire to sign in on that Samsung Account. I just need to get me an Iphone because what's being done is an invasion of my privacy.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I believe that my question warrants an updated response because I have no desire to have my phone updated ever 3 or 4 days without my permission, and there is no access menu on the phone that's available for me to turn off the automatic updating that is being done on my phone. You all just keep updating my phone without my permission, and forcing me to sign in to this Samsung Account that is on my phone. I have no desire to sign in on that Samsung Account. I just need to get me an Iphone because what's being done is an invasion of my privacy.
This is a forum. Not Samsung. Under Settings, Software you should be able to find the option to turn off checking for updates automatically.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

who cares if you get an iphone! samsung sells millions of phones so one does not matter. also, how is the update an invasion of privacy? finally how do you know it is a samsung update? samsung does not update every 3-4 days, not even their apps. I have yet to be required to log in to my samsung account after any updates since the original note phone many, many years ago. most apps have updates to fix security issues, bugs and more.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
It's no use, the forums dasterdly plan has been exposed. Good work, Anonymous Poster, you've found Q. But you'll need to update to get it. What shall you do?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that updates (both of apps and of the system) can include crucial bugfixes and security patches, so if you refuse updates, you could be exposing yourself to security risks. There's absolutely no invasion of privacy going on here. If you get an iPhone, you'll notice that the App Store will also constantly hound you about app updates. Of course, you can turn off automatic app updates on iPhones, but you can do that on Android as well -- pretty neat, huh? (I know, those fools at Google always copying everything Apple invents.) Oh, and iPhones will also bug you about available system updates as well, so enjoy!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that updates (both of apps and of the system) can include crucial bugfixes and security patches, so if you refuse updates, you could be exposing yourself to security risks. There's absolutely no invasion of privacy going on here. If you get an iPhone, you'll notice that the App Store will also constantly hound you about app updates. Of course, you can turn off automatic app updates on iPhones, but you can do that on Android as well -- pretty neat, huh? (I know, those fools at Google always copying everything Apple invents.) Oh, and iPhones will also bug you about available system updates as well, so enjoy!
LOL. I was once in an AT&T store, and the display model iPhone showed an iOS update was ready. I chose to update that display model iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20