I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 (yes I know its very old) and I recently found it and then I noticed that a few apps needed updating, so I updated Whatsapp, and saw that it was doing abput 1% of progress every 1-2 minutes. It was odd, so I deleted Whatsapp and installed it and, again, its taking very long to install. I changed my WiFi DNS to Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, but it didn't make much difference. I've tried to search for a good solution, but understandably, all the resolutions are for more recent devices and I do not have every setting from the new devices.
    05-20-2020 06:09 AM
    Unfortunately, you're going to find that many of your apps will no longer work, and using the Play Store may be a challenge. Google dropped official support for that OS last year or the year before, which means Play Services is not updated and the framework that underpins apps on your OS version is not required to be supported by new app versions.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-20-2020 06:26 AM
    Made an account. All of my apps (Whatsapp, Instagram etc) were working fine before the wifi issue came up. I can still download apps, and everything works fine. Even when I download Aptoide (an alternative to the Play Store) the internet is still slow.
    05-20-2020 06:45 AM
    Okay, found a solution, I just needed to use safe mode (I think there is a 3rd party app slowing my internet)
    05-20-2020 06:59 AM
    Glad that you found a solution. Just so you're aware, your setup is a ticking time bomb - just because it works today does not mean it will work tomorrow. Some apps will actually be blocked from connecting to their servers if they're not on the latest version and I would expect sooner rather than later your device will no longer be supported for the latest versions of many apps.
    05-20-2020 07:19 AM
    Yeah I agree with above statement, running very old hardware and software only going see issue pop up more you use it.
    05-20-2020 10:52 AM