Just got TWO moto G7s. On one, when you call it, the call display has "Decline, Screen, Answer". When you call the OTHER phone, NO "Screen". HOW do I turn on call screening?
    05-20-2020 05:54 PM
    It has this feature? Look in phone app settings?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    05-20-2020 06:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does that phone use Google's own Phone app? See if this comes up in your Play Store app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ialer&hl=en_US. If so, then it's likely the Phone app your phone uses -- make sure it's up to date.
    @Javier P, any ideas, considering your experience with Moto?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-20-2020 10:53 PM
    Welcome to the forums. I can think of different causes for the phone not getting the call screening option. Go to the Play store and make sure that the Phone app is updated to the latest version. Also, make sure that the Google Assistant and Digital Well-being are not disabled.
    05-21-2020 07:41 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I can think of different causes for the phone not getting the call screening option. Go to the Play store and make sure that the Phone app is updated to the latest version. Also, make sure that the Google Assistant and Digital Well-being are not disabled.
    Thought that was exclusive to pixel phones .
    05-21-2020 08:32 AM
    Thought that was exclusive to pixel phones .
    No, it's available in different phones, including the G7 series, depending on your carrier and country.
    05-21-2020 08:34 AM
    No, it's available in different phones, including the G7 series, depending on your carrier and country.
    Gotcha thanks
    05-21-2020 08:37 AM
    Here.

https://blog.motorola.com/2019/04/03...-phone-habits/

By the way OP, are both phones on the same carrier?
    05-21-2020 08:38 AM
    Yes, the two phones are identical. Same phone, same everything, same network. From the link Javier put in, it looks like the call screening is a google assistant thing, NOT a Motorola thing. I'll have to see what's different about google assistant on the phones - I probably have it turned off!
    05-21-2020 04:37 PM
    Yes, the two phones are identical. Same phone, same everything, same network. From the link Javier put in, it looks like the call screening is a google assistant thing, NOT a Motorola thing. I'll have to see what's different about google assistant on the phones - I probably have it turned off!
    Yes, you need Google Assistant enabled.
    05-21-2020 04:40 PM
    OK, mystery solved (I think)... Domestic Associate took her phone and had it do ALL the updates to ALL the apps that were waiting. I had NO idea any apps even WANTED to be updated, so I didn't (the phones are 1 day old)... When she asked if I had updates, and I updated the 47 apps that weren't, VOILA, I now have a "call screen" entry in the phone settings........

So, as I suspected, it was once again operator error...
    Javier P and B. Diddy like this.
    05-21-2020 05:56 PM
    OK, mystery solved (I think)... Domestic Associate took her phone and had it do ALL the updates to ALL the apps that were waiting. I had NO idea any apps even WANTED to be updated, so I didn't (the phones are 1 day old)... When she asked if I had updates, and I updated the 47 apps that weren't, VOILA, I now have a "call screen" entry in the phone settings........

So, as I suspected, it was once again operator error...
    Hahaha, glad you managed to figure it out and thanks for the follow up.
    05-21-2020 05:58 PM