This used to work, I have backups from last 2 years. When plugged in, nothing happens, no MTB question at top of phone, no USB symbol at top or tone, no device under Windows 10 dev mgr, no device under my pc in file manager. Developer mode doesn't help, enabled USB debug, cleared USB devices. Tried 4 USB ports in pc, tried both cables. Out of options besides sledge hammer.
    05-20-2020 07:39 PM
    You try safe mode? Tray another computer?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    05-20-2020 07:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean you have two separate USB-A to USB-C cables that you could try? Did you also try cleaning out the phone's USB port using a can of compressed air?
    05-20-2020 10:35 PM
    Hi, I registered only after I asked the question. I'll try safe mode and another computer later today. Thanks for your good ideas and quick help!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-21-2020 12:33 PM
    Yes, I tried two A-C usb cables, no joy. I will clean the port as you suggested, as well as Mustang7757's ideas, later today. I appreciate any help on this, since I know the phone is old (3.5 yrs.) now.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-21-2020 12:35 PM
    Yes, I tried two A-C usb cables, no joy. I will clean the port as you suggested, as well as Mustang7757's ideas, later today. I appreciate any help on this, since I know the phone is old (3.5 yrs.) now.
    Hi , welcome!

Ok keep us posted
    05-21-2020 12:49 PM
    A shot in the dark....

Check the phone maker's website to see if there is a device driver that might help Windows see the phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-21-2020 01:50 PM
    Hi and thanks for your ideas. I used the air to clean the port. I then booted Win 10 into safe mode, still could not see anything in DevMgr, no unknown device folder, no phones folder, and no USB-related devices showing "!" . I tried four USB ports on pc also. I just tried power cycling the phone, nothing. Only other pc I have (besides my old XP) is a ChromeBook, only charged. So I used Google photos to copy all the photos I wanted. I had a full backup of DCIM\ several months back, all I need is to save the recent photos and contacts (which Google does). Still waiting for Google Pixel 4a so I can get the new android with updates for a couple years at least. Thanks again, I'm out of ideas, next time I'll get a new phone while the old one is still working properly.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-25-2020 04:22 PM
    Hi and thanks for your ideas. I used the air to clean the port. I then booted Win 10 into safe mode, still could not see anything in DevMgr, no unknown device folder, no phones folder, and no USB-related devices showing "!" . I tried four USB ports on pc also. I just tried power cycling the phone, nothing. Only other pc I have (besides my old XP) is a ChromeBook, only charged. So I used Google photos to copy all the photos I wanted. I had a full backup of DCIM\ several months back, all I need is to save the recent photos and contacts (which Google does). Still waiting for Google Pixel 4a so I can get the new android with updates for a couple years at least. Thanks again, I'm out of ideas, next time I'll get a new phone while the old one is still working properly.
    Thanks for keeping us posted, and good luck with new phone.
    05-25-2020 04:29 PM