Why can't i set up my SD card?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have had my SD card for a while now and a couple of months ago my phone was acting weird so i restarted it. That was a bad idea. when it turned back on, all of my apps were gone and i freaked out. My photos were still saved to my SD card. A while later i started trying to get my apps back and they strait up wouldn't download. When i found some apps that would download but they didn't go to my SD card storage and i found that strange because i had it formatted as internal storage. Today i decided to try and fix it so after i did some research i backed up all of my photos so they wouldn't be deleted and i formatted it as portable to erase everything. After i did that i ejected it from my phone and put it back in. When i did that it said that it was uncompatable with my phone and that i had to set it up. I pressed format as internal and it started to do it for a second and then it said "Can't erase SD card." I'm not sure what to do.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It could be that the card is corrupted, likely from being formatted as adopted storage and excessive writing that goes along with it. Try to read the card in a computer and see if that will recognise it.

And in the future, it's best to leave them formatted as portable storage to prevent this exact situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech