Hey,

My phone is stuck in boot looping. I did the factory reset and did not help. I tried to flash but I cannot stay at Fastboot mode. I just figured out the phone thinks I am pressing the power button continuously. Because when I only press volume down or up I can see Recovery mode and fast boot mode. However, it does not stay there and keep restarting. Please help me figure out what to do. I really need this phone.
    05-23-2020 06:44 PM
    Try cleaning the button with toothpick, damp cloth with water or little rubbing alcohol.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    05-23-2020 06:46 PM
    Do you mean clean the button over the case or I need to somehow open the case and clean it?
    I cleaned the case, though. Still, the same problem.
    05-23-2020 08:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd use rubbing alcohol and slather it generously around the button so that it infiltrates into the gap around the button. If there's any residue causing the button to stick, hopefully that will dissolve it. (I'd avoid water.). If that doesn't work, then I'd bring it to a repair shop.
    05-23-2020 08:25 PM
    I am in the US and nobody heard of Xiaomi in our small town
    I tried alcohol, no success. Is there a way to open the case clean it and seal it again?
    05-23-2020 08:34 PM
    I am in the US and nobody heard of Xiaomi in our small town
    I tried alcohol, no success. Is there a way to open the case clean it and seal it again?
    Try with toothpick around the gaps of the button , and work with the button sane time.

You see it pushed in ?
    05-23-2020 09:28 PM
    You can try looking at a teardown video or guide: https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Xiaomi_Mi_9
    05-23-2020 10:10 PM
    "You see it pushed in ?"
    No , the button looks very fine and I think it was an electronic fault/issue.
    Thank you all. I opened the back case and clean anywhere I could and its working now. Don't have adhesive to glue it again
    Do you guys think this fix is temporary or accidental?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-24-2020 03:09 AM
    Good job! Maybe you can search the web for a typical adhesive used by phone repair shops.

It's too hard to say if this was a one-time issue, or if it might happen again. Hopefully, it was just due to some residue that built up on a contact, which you cleaned off.
    05-24-2020 10:13 PM
    "You see it pushed in ?"
    No , the button looks very fine and I think it was an electronic fault/issue.
    Thank you all. I opened the back case and clean anywhere I could and its working now. Don't have adhesive to glue it again
    Do you guys think this fix is temporary or accidental?
    Did it have glue when you took it apart? I would wait about a week see if issue comes back then use glue if it had it .
    05-24-2020 10:18 PM
    "Did it have glue when you took it apart?" Yes, it was like a thin tape/stripe. I found some on eBay.

Thank you all, you guys are very awesome, inspiring, and helpful.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    05-25-2020 11:23 AM
    "Did it have glue when you took it apart?" Yes, it was like a thin tape/stripe. I found some on eBay.

Thank you all, you guys are very awesome, inspiring, and helpful.
    Thank you for registering and look forward to seeing you around!
    05-25-2020 11:33 AM