Hi. I have a UNIMAX U683CL phone from Assurance Wireless. Since I purchased the phone, I have had problems making and receiving phone calls. Here are the problems:

1) I have the ringer on and am awaiting a phone call, yet the call never comes through, so I miss it. The call log doesn't show a missed call either. The caller informs me in a voicemail that he called me several times, but that I didn't answer the phone.

2)After dialing a phone number, I see the calling message but the call doesn't connect. Sometimes I have to dial a phone number 4 times before I can make it.

I cannot uninstall the phone app because it only has Disable and Force Stop options. I also contacted Assurance Wireless, but they only gave me a boilerplate response and were no help at all.

What steps can I take to solve this problem?
    05-26-2020 01:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

On certain devices, you have to power off, then power back on, but when you see the manufacturer logo appear, press and hold Vol Down until the homescreen appears.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    EllenDoyle likes this.
    05-26-2020 01:50 PM
    I got into Safe Mode. Now what do I do? What do I need to do to ensure that the Phone app words properly?
    05-26-2020 08:14 PM
    So now, see if you make and receive calls normally, without the problems you described. If you can, then something you installed (which Safe Mode has temporarily disabled) is probably causing the issue. Uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.
    05-26-2020 08:55 PM
    I too am having the same problem with my phone. I have called Assurance Tech Support 5 times and the problem still happens. I just put it in safe mode. Not sure if Google Play apps are the problem. I have some on my phone that I do not think I need and have been deleting them one by one. I am so tired of not getting calls and all the sudden it shows up on my phone that I have voicemail.
    07-10-2020 10:51 AM
    It may be wise to see if you can exchange this phone for a different brand from your carrier. https://www.zdnet.com/article/unremo...old-in-the-us/
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-10-2020 01:31 PM
    I too am having the same problem with my phone. I have called Assurance Tech Support 5 times and the problem still happens. I just put it in safe mode. Not sure if Google Play apps are the problem. I have some on my phone that I do not think I need and have been deleting them one by one. I am so tired of not getting calls and all the sudden it shows up on my phone that I have voicemail.
    Welcome to Android Central! And did you try Safe Mode, as suggested above, to see if it might be a 3rd party app that's interfering?
    07-10-2020 10:40 PM