Motorola XT1765/Android 7.1 - Why did my phone's functionality change after reboot?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have had this phone for 3 years. As per usual, when it it ran out of battery, it automatically shut off. I plugged it in. It booted. Immediately, I noticed that the general system settings had reverted to their default. (Location, sound, vibration, font..) Next, I realized that I could only use half of the pull-down menu, and that the home button and app-view button were disabled. I entered settings and found that I cannot access the developer options or the users. What is going on?
I know I haven't downloaded anything malicious recently. I tried freeing up space. I sorted through files and went from 300MB to 1.2GB. I have rebooted a few times. Nothing has changed.

thestairs

Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
To B. Diddy:
It's difficult to put it all into words, but.. simply, the menu can not be pulled all the way down.
Several times, I entered recovery mode and wiped the cache partition. It finished immediately with no errors, which gives me the feeling that it didn't do anything at all, and there might even be an access issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
To B. Diddy:
It's difficult to put it all into words, but.. simply, the menu can not be pulled all the way down.
Several times, I entered recovery mode and wiped the cache partition. It finished immediately with no errors, which gives me the feeling that it didn't do anything at all, and there might even be an access issue.
"I Immediately, I noticed that the general system settings had reverted to their default."

I don't understand what you mean by this ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez