Any app that let me choose files to back up?

Kharl

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Most backup solutions saves contacts, messages, calendar events, photos, videos. music alarms and settings...

good. for me those are not as valuable (i mean, they are, but they are easy to back up ) as specific files, for example: files in the "download" folder, and my note pad app, that app creates a backup daily, but stored localy.

Many apps offer some cloud backup... would you imagine 20 password for 20 different cloud services?

Remember desktop computer backups? where you can manually choose what do you want to backup?

is there an app where i can just choose that folder containing the saves the folders of some apps that contains its settings, and the saved data?

Kharl

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged.

Thank you, i was looking for the option to delete one of them.

No, i dont think so, if you are counting doc and music files, then i understand why you say yes.

but the app will look file by itself, will look for a specific most commont files, music,photos, calendar events.

but lets says i have a folder in my phone which contains, txt files, some exe files, zip, a video and some dll... i dont think samsung will back them up, or will it?

for example, a file i transfered from my pc and i i just put it there, lets says.... a zip file.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, i was looking for the option to delete one of them.

No, i dont think so, if you are counting doc and music files, then i understand why you say yes.

but the app will look file by itself, will look for a specific most commont files, music,photos, calendar events.

but lets says i have a folder in my phone which contains, txt files, some exe files, zip, a video and some dll... i dont think samsung will back them up, or will it?

for example, a file i transfered from my pc and i i just put it there, lets says.... a zip file.
Files larger then 1gb won't get backup as my screenshot mention, stock Samsung message, contacts etc will be back up

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
no, you don't get it.
i need somethings that back up SPECIFIC files that i select.
like backups in desktop computers.
Ok , explain this little more , you want back up certain files on your phone correct ? You can choose in Samsung cloud what you want back up . I'll show in screen shot .
If your looking for back up certain files to computer , you might run into issue getting on to the phone . Stick with Samsung cloud,smart switch ,Google drive Screenshot_20200605-231237_Samsung%20Cloud.jpeg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@mustang7757, I think what the OP is looking for is something similar to Google's Backup & Sync program for Windows computers, where you can specify a specific folder whose files automatically sync to Google Drive. The Google Drive app on Android doesn't have that kind of functionality -- you have to manually upload/share a given file to Google Drive. That's why the Autosync app I mentioned above might work for the OP.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757, I think what the OP is looking for is something similar to Google's Backup & Sync program for Windows computers, where you can specify a specific folder whose files automatically sync to Google Drive. The Google Drive app on Android doesn't have that kind of functionality -- you have to manually upload/share a given file to Google Drive. That's why the Autosync app I mentioned above might work for the OP.
Ahh ...yeah in that case not sure , hope your recommendation helps OP!

Kharl

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok, what i want? to manually select some folders where i have important files.
i dont want a backup app that groups what it things it's important, i want ME to tell the app what to backup.
i want a backup app that backup specific folders/files.

Have you used desktop computer (windows) backup softwares? where you choose a list of folders/files and that will be backed up, scheduled, manually.... but only what you choose, the whole disk, a specific partition, or specific folder...

Kharl

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
oh no, i was trying autosync at the same time i was writing here, it looks autosync does the job but... i was about to purchase it BUT 4 failed syncs in a row...
i don't want to sound picky... but... the app is all the time running background, comparing if my files, or if the cloud files... come on, just copy my files and upload them... i knwo many users wants more flexibility... but

i will use a comparison to better explanation, do you know mybackup pro?

simply, robust and efficient!

An example:
i wanted to back up my contacts and my calendar events
the app ask me for the frequency and how many copies i want to keep of the backup.
Those two options groups HALF of the options Autosync has.

Maybe autosync is intended for another target, but, upload only, mirror only, download only, bla... if the file is more than 10mb, if the files... the app is constantly looking for changes so it backups, and also an option for not to do so, great, many options, maybe too many, which in fact lead to too many probability to fail! what in fact did in the first try.

The only problem of mybackup pro is... it does not backup user's selected files/folders.
if the guys of rerware do that... many backup apps will go down

Kharl

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
How about Resilio Sync? Also in that linked article. That one syncs to a computer, not to the cloud.

where it syncs, locally, to a cloud or to a computer, i would prefer a cloud, but i am more focused in files and folders and that the app do its job without so many unnecessary complications.

i am reading the link you gave me yet to see what fits me

i think i am being little bit rude with autosync, the name says it all, AUTOSYNC xD i is not fair if i complain because the app is constantly looking in my phone to upload files LOL

all i want is an app that when it is 11pm, do a backup of two folders and uploads it to somewhere, and to do that next day and the next day... thats it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it might be hard to find an app that meets all of your criteria. These kinds of apps that keep files synced basically have to be running constantly so that they can check for any changes to the files in that folder, and then sync them immediately. But maybe some of these apps allow you to tweak those settings.

Kharl

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
i think those app are overdoing the job.

or i dont know if you confused what i want.

what you mention here:
These kinds of apps that keep files synced basically have to be running constantly so that they can check for any changes to the files in that folder, and then sync them immediately.
is what i DO NOT want.

what i want is the most faithful and simple description of a backup software, an app that copy what i have selected then upload it to a cloud or a computer (the location of the backup does not really matter) at an specific time and day interval.
What i want is WAY MORE simpler than the vast majority over-saturated of options backup apps.

if you download mybackup and give it a try, you will understand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12