Every time I want to add a new contact it never gets added to my contact list. I'm tired of the BS and struggling to figure out why. Can someone recommend a contact app that works and is easy to use. I'd like it to have classifications that I can set like doctors, restaurants, etc. This is driving me nuts.
    06-06-2020 02:39 AM
    Which phone?
    Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    Which contacts app are you using?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2020 02:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You can do that with Google Contacts by creating Labels and associating a contact with one or more of those labels. Then you can filter/sort by label.

You need to give more details about how you're trying to add contacts and how it's not working.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2020 02:54 AM
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Android version 8.0.0
    A T & T
    I'm using the contacts app that came with my phone.
    06-06-2020 03:05 AM
    If I choose Google Contacts will I be able to transfer all the contacts on my phone to it? In my attempt to get all my contacts on my phone some are associated with different locations/email accounts. It's annoying that once you choose what location you wish it saved to you don't have the option to change it. God knows how the settings are set. Sometimes I hate technology!
    06-06-2020 03:20 AM
    Once contacts are created most contacts apps won't allow them to be moved to a different 'account'.
    06-06-2020 06:02 AM
    I'm not directly familiar with the stock Contacts app on that phone -- maybe someone else who knows Samsung well (like @mustang7757) can comment.

Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser -- are all of your contacts there? If so, then you saved your contacts on the phone to your Google account (which is what I always recommend, since they automatically sync with your Google Contacts in the cloud). But if you saved any contacts to the Samsung account or the local Phone account, that can be a bit more of a pain to transfer to your Google account. To get those contacts into your Google account, you typically have to find an Export option in the Contacts app menu, then export those contacts to a .vcf or .csv file, and then import that file in to your Google contacts: https://support.google.com/contacts/...DDesktop&hl=en
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-06-2020 05:46 PM
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Android version 8.0.0
    A T & T
    I'm using the contacts app that came with my phone.
    Are you using Att address book or Gmail account in contact app?
    06-07-2020 07:58 PM
    I never used any AT&T contacts app back when I had them as my carrier. I always used Gmail for my contacts. Those were great, since they were visible on any device I used. I had 2 different Moto phones and an LG phone on AT&T. I'm also happy I chose Gmail, rather than carrier contacts apps, since I ended up changing to Verizon without losing any contacts.
    06-07-2020 08:51 PM
    If I choose Google Contacts will I be able to transfer all the contacts on my phone to it? In my attempt to get all my contacts on my phone some are associated with different locations/email accounts. It's annoying that once you choose what location you wish it saved to you don't have the option to change it. God knows how the settings are set. Sometimes I hate technology!
    It's possible to change default save location and possible to move all contacts to one save location by doing an export and import of your contact list.

When viewing your contact list tap the 3 dots up top and select manage contacts. From that menu you can set a default save location for new contacts, I'd recommend using Google. There is also an ability to merge duplicate contacts if you're experiencing an issue where the same contact was saved to multiple accounts/locations.

If you want your entire contact list saved to one spot you can export your entire contact list and save it to the internal storage or an sd card as a vCard file. Once the export is done you can import the vCard file and select the save location.

I worked at Verizon for 4 years, had to help with contact lists almost weekly because customers would have duplicates and contacts would be linked to their internal memory, google account, Verizon cloud, and random work emails.
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    06-07-2020 09:31 PM