I'm low on device storage and I want to delete an image from Google photos gallery (but not permanantly i.e. move to trash) however when try to do this I get the following message "Your device is low on space. This item will be permanently deleted from your device and account". So I'm able to leave the photo in the gallery when I have limited space on my phone but when I want to move it trash my phone suddenly has a problem storing it and has to permanently delete it. Why on earth is this? Thanks for any help.
    06-06-2020 09:26 AM
    Welcome to the forums. How full is the Trash folder in Google Photos? Have you tried emptying it before moving more pics in there?

Another emergency step could be clearing cache for the Photos app, Chrome and any social media app that you have installed

I would recommend you to create an account so you can reply on this thread.
    06-06-2020 09:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that the phone gives a limited amount of space for the Trash folder in the Google Photos app, to account for available space. Are you backing your photos up to your Google Photos in the cloud? If so, then you can just use the Free Up Space option in Google Photos, and any photo that has been backed up to the cloud will be safely removed from the phone's storage.
    06-07-2020 12:04 AM