My tablet is a jpay 4.2.2 jelllybean android, how can I upgrade it to a lollipop 5.0
    06-07-2020 03:14 PM
    If the manufacturer never updated it you could try finding a ROM for it at xda, but for a low volume device like that (I've never heard of it anyway) your chances are slim. Going the ROM rite also carries some risks and the device may not perform as you hope with the new version, on top of the fact that your storage is still going to be quite limited.

Bottom line - there are some budget tablets out there that are more modern and will save you a lot of headache...
    06-07-2020 03:18 PM
    I wouldn't worry about upgrading to it as not a big difference and both are very very old Android updates.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    06-07-2020 06:11 PM
    If the manufacturer never updated it you could try finding a ROM for it at xda, but for a low volume device like that (I've never heard of it anyway) your chances are slim.
    I'm pretty sure Jpay tablets are ones people can buy for someone in prison. I wouldn't expect there to be any real tech support, and the third party developer market is probably nonexistent.

I agree that it's not really worth it to try and do much with this tablet and to purchase a newer one if possible. If this is for someone in prison, then this may not be an option, but also not likely worthwhile anyway. Judging by other similar tablets I've seen discussed here, my guess is it's pretty locked down and not much more than a media player.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-07-2020 06:52 PM