Where did the notification sound folder go?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I used to be able to add custom ringtones and notification sounds by dropping the audio into one of the folders. The folders both are now gone suddenly. I can add a ringtone by going to the ringtone settings and tapping the "+" at the top right but the same doesn't exist for notifications

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Please register an account to reply to this thread. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Access to the Ringtone folder seems to have gone the way of the Dodo. Anymore to add items you'll likely need an app for that. Zedge is probably one of the more well known apps but there are hundreds on the Play Store.

Not sponsored by anyone, but Zedge will allow you to create content from your own library as well as search from an extensive online archive. It will also let you manage the items you've downloaded, move, delete, save to specific locations. The latter being where you would be able to put something in with the notifications.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I still have the usual /Ringtones, /Notifications, and /Alarms directories on my Pixel 3 XL running Android 10. You don't see them using a file manager app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34