My phone was wedged in a position that probably pressed all buttons at the same time for a long time. It was in a hard case but buttons exposed. By the time I found it, it was maybe dead. Now it will not charge or turn on. Any suggestions? I tried pressing down button and power button with no effect.
    06-14-2020 01:11 AM
    If the phone was allowed to die due to low battery there's a good chance everything is OK. I've seen this dozens of times, where it appears to not be charging and won't power on after such an event. Put it on the charger and leave it for at least an hour. Some times the charging indicator comes back during this initial charge but most of the time if you unplug it and plug it back in after the hour it will show signs of life.

Afterwards I'd probably charge it as usual without turning it on until it has reached a full charge. I know some like to stop at 80 and not allow them to get below 20 so you may hear that advice. Personally just charge it all the way and use normally. Then of course be cautious of allowing it fully drain as that is truly bad for the device.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-14-2020 01:40 AM
    Thank sc for the suggestion. I tried it, but it did not work. The case was stone cold, whereas it would normally be warm. Is it possible that all those buttons being pressed for several hours could have damaged the phone?
    06-14-2020 09:11 AM
    Thank sc for the suggestion. I tried it, but it did not work. The case was stone cold, whereas it would normally be warm. Is it possible that all those buttons being pressed for several hours could have damaged the phone?
    Are any of the buttons stuck ?
    06-14-2020 10:13 AM
    Does not look like iij t. They all click, but the power button does seem to be minutely lower on one side.
    Once this morning, I pushed & held the power and volume down button for 40 seconds and a screen came up. Black screen with a bunch of small text and the word start pointing to the power button. I pressed it and it went out again. Can't get it to come up again.
    06-14-2020 02:13 PM
    That sounds like recovery mode.
    06-14-2020 02:33 PM
    I can't imagine just pressing and holding the buttons would do much but if you had a pretty good charge at the time and it was doing this for hours anything could be possible. It does sound like recovery or the bootloader or something. I'm going with the stuck button theory I guess. It came on so that's promising. That would indicate that the button may not be stuck anymore so try the charging thing now.
    06-14-2020 08:47 PM
    Plug it into a wall outlet, and this time let it charge for at least 6 hours undisturbed. Sometimes, a deeply discharged battery needs more than just an hour to get enough juice to even power on.
    VidJunky likes this.
    06-14-2020 08:48 PM
    Does not look like iij t. They all click, but the power button does seem to be minutely lower on one side.
    Once this morning, I pushed & held the power and volume down button for 40 seconds and a screen came up. Black screen with a bunch of small text and the word start pointing to the power button. I pressed it and it went out again. Can't get it to come up again.
    Try working with that power button might be stuck if you see one side in a little
    06-14-2020 08:54 PM