Why my audio file in file manager can't play?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Suddenly, I recently see "unable to send" your account admin has placed restrictions on sending files of certain types, This notification comes up each time I want to play a file and it ends the process when ever I hit the OK button

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. To reply to this thread please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

What device do you have?

What is the file type extension?

Have you tried playing the file from another source? You say you're doing this within your file manager have you tried Play Music the Google app, or any other apps you may have?

Are you able to play other audio files in the way you describe?

Is this file on an SD or is it in your internal memory?

Have you tried moving the file from SD to internal or vice versa and attempted to play it?

Do you have this file backed up anywhere? If you do not have it backed up to another source I recommend that you make a copy asap in case something happens that may corrupt or damage it. Google Drive is a good free source that you have access to just by having a Google account. You can find Drive at the Play Store, just sign in with your Gmail.

Look at your device's list of Administrators. Open settings and use the search bar at the top and type Admin and see what pops up. Then check each for administrative apps.

You could also try to play this file while in Safe Mode. Typically to access safe mode, press and hold the power button until the restart option appears, then touch and hold restart until the option to start in safe mode appears. This may differ depending on device model.

Let us know what you find for more help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz