I am desperate for help. For personal reasons I would rather not disclose, I do not want accountability software on my phone. This appears to be the way my family is headed, however. I need to know if there is a way to bypass the Accountable2You software. I have read up on VPNs and considered creating another user, but I am not sure if either of these methods would work. This is important enough to me that I would even consider doing a factory reset on the phone to protect my privacy. I am sure I will be judged by many for this question, but I would appreciate if someone could reserve judgment and give me the answer I need. Thank you.
    06-19-2020 01:35 PM
    That would be a discussion to have with your family. This software was put in place on your phone by someone for a reason. If the phone is in your name, on your own plan, paid directly by you, you might have a say. But if you're a dependent, with the line on your mom and/or dad's plan with them paying the bill, they control the device.

We won't help someone bypass security or restrictions put on a device, even if that person feels it was unwarranted. You're right in that it's not really our place to judge, and I don't believe I'm doing that, I'm just laying out the standard by which I participate in this forum.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek and TNRonin like this.
    06-19-2020 02:11 PM
    We dont discuss bypassing security

[Thread closed]
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2020 02:31 PM
    Maybe it's time to change your digital behavior such that your parents won't feel that accountability software is necessary?
    06-19-2020 07:26 PM