Running. Phone screen suddenly starts turning active in my pocket. Messes up interface. Rings random people at 6am while running.

Three icons appear on bottom of my samsung a40.

Uninstalled recent apps. Booted to safe mode. Only happens randomly every 20 mins or so.

Can't tell whether it has made any difference.
    06-24-2020 04:36 AM
    What are the three icons?
    06-24-2020 05:17 AM
    Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can't reply. Thanks

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    06-24-2020 05:25 AM
    The three icons that appear on the bottom of the a40.

List open apps, home screen and back.

You can find them on the bottom of the screenshot attached.

They just appear out of nowhere and activate the screen in my pocket.
    Attached Thumbnails Lock screen turning off all of a sudden?-screenshot_20200624-141628_chrome.jpg  
    06-24-2020 08:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have your phone set to Automatically Lock very soon after the screen goes to sleep, or is there a longer interval? If it's longer, then if the phone screen is inadvertently turned on soon after you put it to sleep, it'll open directly to your homescreen, not the lockscreen, and accidental calls or app actions may occur due to unintentional touch.

See if any of this helps: http://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mo...mobile-device/
    06-24-2020 12:34 PM
    The three icons that appear on the bottom of the a40.

List open apps, home screen and back.

You can find them on the bottom of the screenshot attached.

They just appear out of nowhere and activate the screen in my pocket.
    Does your phone have option for swipe gesture? Also do you option for accidental touch toggle, you can find this in settings >Display >navigation for gestures and if you scroll further down once you back out navigation to bottom for accidental touch
    06-24-2020 09:22 PM
    Dont seem to have accidental touch feature in display->navigation for gestures.

But accidental touch comes on sometime so it must be somewhere.

For now I've set smart unlock so it sometimes unlocks automatically when I'm home. Plus I've set keypad unlock and it doesn't seem to pocket dial anymore while I run.

It's a bit of a compromise but it seems to work.

Thanks B. Diddy went through list. Adjusted features when they existed on my phone.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-25-2020 01:36 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have your phone set to Automatically Lock very soon after the screen goes to sleep, or is there a longer interval? If it's longer, then if the phone screen is inadvertently turned on soon after you put it to sleep, it'll open directly to your homescreen, not the lockscreen, and accidental calls or app actions may occur due to unintentional touch.

See if any of this helps: http://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mo...mobile-device/
    So basically my phone 'flashes' on a few mins after i stop using it. Then when it goes back to dark screen. The 3 aforementioned icons persist at the bottom of the screen.

I have a 10min window between inactive and screen lock. I make certain to press the home button to de select any of the apps i'm using and then i press the power button to lock the screen. I rarely forget.

Phone worked fine for 2-3 months when i got it first. Never had this issue.
    06-25-2020 05:37 AM
    You mentioned booting into Safe Mode and not being sure if that has made a difference -- can you tell now?
    06-25-2020 10:44 AM
    So basically I set settings -> display -> screen timeout -> lock screen after inactivity from 10 mins to 15 secs to see if the icons would flash before screen lock like they do after 10 mins.

Then I went to settings -> lock screen -> secure lock settings-> from 5 secs to lock immediately.

Cant seem to reproduce the error. Have to wait and see if it opens on my run in the morning.

Will come back.
    06-26-2020 02:14 PM
    So basically I set settings -> display -> screen timeout -> lock screen after inactivity from 10 mins to 15 secs to see if the icons would flash before screen lock like they do after 10 mins.

Then I went to settings -> lock screen -> secure lock settings-> from 5 secs to lock immediately.

Cant seem to reproduce the error. Have to wait and see if it opens on my run in the morning.

Will come back.
    Keep us posted
    06-26-2020 05:16 PM