When I want to save an image sent to me by someone in the basic Android sms app, one someone takes with their phone, I want to save it as the original size, as I sometimes make prints out of them. Every time I click to save attachment, the only options are "resized" versions of the images.

How do I change that setting?
    06-24-2020 03:29 PM
    There isn't anything you can do to enlarge it because the version sent to you via text is already shrunk down.

The person sending you the photo needs to send it to you via a different method if you want the full resolution image. Every texting app or social media platform compresses images to my knowledge. I use Google Drive to share full resolution images. Email is another method that would work to send the full size photo.
    06-24-2020 04:09 PM
    The photos are compressed as part of the SMS protocol, so what you receive is the already compressed image. There is no setting to change this, but there are other options. RCS is coming out, which allows for high resolution photos, but it's not yet universal. So your best option for now would be having the images transferred with email, other messaging platforms,or a file sharing service like Dropbox.
    06-24-2020 04:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    06-24-2020 04:51 PM
    Which phone? Maybe try different message app?
    06-24-2020 09:46 PM