Hi guys

Are there any "OK Google" functions that are exclusive to the Pixel phones, or are all the functions available on any android phone?
    06-28-2020 12:58 AM
    I'm not sure which Pixel devices this may affect but I found this quote from an article: The best Google Assistant commands in 2020.

Pixel smartphone users benefit from some especially useful features, like phone call screening. Google Assistant can field annoying and unwanted calls from telemarketers or scammers, and even provide a real-time transcript of the screening to see whether you want to answer. Similarly, Pixel owners can train Google Assistant to recognize their voice and enable a hands-free voice unlock command that makes getting into their phones even simpler.

You can view more of the article at this link... https://www.tomsguide.com/round-up/b...stant-commands
    06-28-2020 01:24 AM
    I can perform both those tasks on my Moto G7. I don't think that is exclusive to Google phones only.
    VidJunky likes this.
    06-28-2020 02:39 AM
    I don't think there would be any commands that are exclusive to the pixel phones. in the past, it has gotten assistant updates before other phones but I would not consider that exclusive.
    VidJunky likes this.
    06-28-2020 03:01 AM
    The only thing exclusive is the squeeze to activate "OK Google". The rest is software features and on all Android devices.
    06-28-2020 08:51 AM
    Samsung used to block the OK Google voice command if the phone wasn't already unlocked, but that was years ago when they tried to push S Voice on people.

On modern phones there's no difference in features to my knowledge.
    06-28-2020 01:09 PM
    The only thing exclusive is the squeeze to activate "OK Google". The rest is software features and on all Android devices.
    I like the squeeze feature , I dont like how you enable at the bottom corners and can't disable that .
    06-28-2020 01:24 PM
    I like to squeeze my Pixel and ask it to tell me a joke - fun stuff.

Why did the man name his dogs Timex and Rolex?

Because they are watch dogs

fun stuff.
    06-28-2020 02:38 PM
    As far as the "OK Google" command goes, I've found that just about anything activates it on my S10+. Normal conversations that don't include the words OK or Google. Loud or muffled noises in the background. Most notably dead silence. All of these things work for my Google Home Mini as well.
    06-28-2020 08:30 PM
    As far as the "OK Google" command goes, I've found that just about anything activates it on my S10+. Normal conversations that don't include the words OK or Google. Loud or muffled noises in the background. Most notably dead silence. All of these things work for my Google Home Mini as well.
    I have had some ghost activations but not that many
    06-28-2020 08:54 PM
    I have had some ghost activations but not that many
    If you want to know the truth, the ghost thing is the only reason I got the mini. It does nothing for me other than deny me images when I try to ask my phone for images or documents. I saw some videos that appeared to show phantom activations and recorded conversations that weren't "visible" and I saw them on sale for cheap near Christmas and figured WTH. It comes on by itself but I haven't gotten any messages or recorded conversations... Well none that weren't the FBI or Google.
    06-28-2020 09:01 PM