Are there any "OK Google" functions that are exclusive to the Pixel phones?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure which Pixel devices this may affect but I found this quote from an article: The best Google Assistant commands in 2020.

Pixel smartphone users benefit from some especially useful features, like phone call screening. Google Assistant can field annoying and unwanted calls from telemarketers or scammers, and even provide a real-time transcript of the screening to see whether you want to answer. Similarly, Pixel owners can train Google Assistant to recognize their voice and enable a hands-free voice unlock command that makes getting into their phones even simpler.

You can view more of the article at this link... https://www.tomsguide.com/round-up/best-google-assistant-commands

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there would be any commands that are exclusive to the pixel phones. in the past, it has gotten assistant updates before other phones but I would not consider that exclusive.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Samsung used to block the OK Google voice command if the phone wasn't already unlocked, but that was years ago when they tried to push S Voice on people.

On modern phones there's no difference in features to my knowledge.

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
Re: Are there any "OK Google" functions that are exclusive to the Pixel phones?

I like to squeeze my Pixel and ask it to tell me a joke - fun stuff.

Why did the man name his dogs Timex and Rolex?

Because they are watch dogs

fun stuff.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
As far as the "OK Google" command goes, I've found that just about anything activates it on my S10+. Normal conversations that don't include the words OK or Google. Loud or muffled noises in the background. Most notably dead silence. All of these things work for my Google Home Mini as well.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As far as the "OK Google" command goes, I've found that just about anything activates it on my S10+. Normal conversations that don't include the words OK or Google. Loud or muffled noises in the background. Most notably dead silence. All of these things work for my Google Home Mini as well.
I have had some ghost activations but not that many

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had some ghost activations but not that many

If you want to know the truth, the ghost thing is the only reason I got the mini. It does nothing for me other than deny me images when I try to ask my phone for images or documents. I saw some videos that appeared to show phantom activations and recorded conversations that weren't "visible" and I saw them on sale for cheap near Christmas and figured WTH. It comes on by itself but I haven't gotten any messages or recorded conversations... Well none that weren't the FBI or Google.