android updates

prctc

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
I know several people that have connection issues with their android phones connecting to newer vehicles. GM made android aware of the problem and still waiting. I need the update. We are not to be on the phone while driving. Any idea when this will happen?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

You'd have to contact the device manufacturer, or Google, depending on if the update is for the device or Android Auto. This site is simply a bunch of enthusiasts and users such as yourself, with no connection to Google or the device manufacturers. We have no visibility or inside knowledge as to when updates are coming.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It might help to know which phone you have, and which GM car (as well as the version of whatever infotainment system it has), so that other people with your same situation can weigh in.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Google regularly updates Android but OEMs modify the software and most cell phone carriers further modify it, so updates for particular phones don't come directly from Android/Google. Also most phones don't get updates to Android for more than 2 years other than to patch security.

What phone do you have?

prctc

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy a10e, it won't connect to a 2020 GMC Terrain but when I took it to the dealership and tried it in another 2020 GMC Terrain it connected right away.

prctc

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
They put in a new radio in the car after 4 months, still the same problem. I had an update pushed through and still nothing. As for the other car, they are telling me our car can not have the same radio due to the systems are different. I think they are not telling me the truth.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So, the other 2020 Terrain also supported Android Auto but did not have a system identical to yours? It would be very unusual to have a change in the middle of a production year, but if it was a different trim level I might understand a difference.