I am getting absolutely slammed by some phony Apple scammers. Every 10 minutes, I get a call saying my iCloud account has been compromised. I don't answer, but they leave a voicemail.

I have been blocking the numbers, but it's a different number every time.

I then went to the phone settings: Block numbers. There's a toggle there to block unknown callers". I turned it on. Great. Problem solved.

Ten minutes later. Another call. And another. And another.

Haaaaaalllllllllllllpppp!
    07-01-2020 03:54 PM
    Which phone ?

Maybe try DND (Do Not Disturb) or talk to your carrier.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-2020 04:47 PM
    You don't say what phone you have. Samsung has a spam feature in the phone settings. Open the phone app>three dots upper right>Settings>Block numbers. This isn't prefect but it has worked and helped me in the past.

As for the option you mentioned turning on, it sounds like that is for blocked numbers. So if the call was actually coming in "Unknown" then it would not allow the call in.

As mustang7757 suggests DND might work if you configured it correctly. There are all kinds of exceptions that can be made in the DND app where it might just block calls that you don't have a contact for but I fear those exceptions may not go far enough and you could end up missing out on calls you want, and then what happens when that one call comes in from someplace and they aren't in your contacts?

There are several apps that claim to block spam calls but if the spam calls you're getting are anything like mine, they just keep using local numbers, the same first 6 and random last 4, which I doubt are getting reported fast enough to be flagged and prevent the calls. I think contacting your carrier would have similar results as these callers have just taken to randomizing the caller ID number, but at this point anything is worth a try.

There are also videos on YouTube with advice, tips and tricks for how to block unwanted calls.

I haven't dealt with anything as aggressive as what you describe but if you find something that works it would be great if you posted it here to help the next person.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-2020 07:07 PM