Why is my Blu Vivo XI unable to to play Audio on received messages?

windrider07

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
I have a Blu Android phone. Model Vivo XI, Android 8.1.0.

When I get audio messages from people, my phone displays an error message "Can't play audio. Please try again." It can play audio recordings I recorded on the phone but can't play audio messages other people send to me. Any idea why?

windrider07

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Cleared cache and forced stop the text app. Still can't play audio. Installed a new text app called Textra. Can't even tap the Play button for audio messages now. Nothing happens. No error message. Won't let me play the audio message.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
If you have no idea we can't help. You should be able to download a file and check its properties. It's possible they are not in a format that your phone can't handle but without knowing the file type, the help stops here, sorry.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@Galactic Zoo FYI, I think the OP is asking about audio messages sent directly as SMS, not necessarily as an attached audio file. I've never done it, so maybe they still get attached as an audio file, but this is what I could find: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-send-audio-clips-via-sms-in-android/

This article suggests it's an attached audio file sent via MMS: https://www.howtogeek.com/332563/how-to-send-audio-recordings-over-mms-on-android/

If I have a chance later, I'll experiment with sending/receiving an audio text.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the confirmation. Does the message show there's an attachment? I've read if you long press the message (not the attachment) that you may get an option to download the file. Could you try that? Thanks

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
OK I'm scratching my head a bit. I know texra didn't work but Google Messages is quite robust. Another thing to try is back up your messages clear cache and data in your messages app, also disable it, reboot phone, enable messages, let it update if there are any, restore your backed up data. Hopefully that will take care of any corrupt files

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1