I have an infinix HOT 6X phone which is stuck in a boot loop, what should I do to fix it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tried installing an update.zip from SD card but it says wrong footer, signature verification failed. It's USB debug mode is off. What do I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did the bootloop start before or after installing the update? Did you root the phone, and have you been modifying it with various ROMs?

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
I have tried installing the stock room through sd card and an update file but same "wrong footer, signature verification issue". Is there a way I can get a legit update file if the one I'm using is wrong or a signed stock rom?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, it's still worth contacting their support to see if they can help with reflashing the stock ROM in a bootlooped phone. Another good resource would be the forums at XDA-Developers.com.

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
I downloaded some from some sites and forums talking about using miracle box Qualcomm flash software and some other software but all attempts failed and it seems the version of files I have isn't signed, an infinix forum said I should back up the rom of an existing phone of exactly same model or update file and use but can't find one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22