So this has only happened twice so far but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had this absolutely bonkers problem.

The problem: while listening to audio my phone suddenly jumps to max volume without warning at the same time as a high pitched repetitive sound begins to play layered over the already playing audio. The best way I've found to describe the repeating sound is like birds chirping. If I pause audio the chirping will stop (also responds to volume control) but restarts if I start playing audio again, even if it is different audio. The problem has started while playing Spotify and while playing a game. At first I thought it was a problem my new Bluetooth headphones but I just had the same problem on the phone speakers. This second time the phone had been muted before turning itself on full blast and chirping at me

I have absolutely no idea what the problem is and am struggling to find the right keywords to see if anyone else has run into this issue ("lg g8 + chirping + wtf" just isnt cutting it 😆) I'm mostly hoping the problem doesn't come up again but also I'm curious as hell as to what caused this. Anybody out there heard of this?
    07-10-2020 06:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How frequently does this happen? If it's pretty frequent, see if ti still happens in Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...de-lg-g8-thinq

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-10-2020 10:31 AM
    OP have you tried safe mode?
    07-10-2020 10:35 PM