google lockout lg rebel 4

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

cannot access my phone in initial setup asking for original account information and was given phone it is only holding me back in my phone

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like FRP - http://www.androidcentral.com/factory-reset-protection-what-you-need-know

If so, and the device was not originally yours and was not properly reset, you will need to get in touch with the original owner to have them sign in to it and properly reset it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used this option in some time but there used to be issues with it like;

The device had to have internet access for this to work. It always seemed silly to me that it wants the account information you originally signed into the device with but needed to verify "something" online, like the information wasn't stored on the device.

It had to be the same email and password. If you got locked out of the device and changed the password after the event it would no longer accept your email even though you were entering the new correct password. This was another one that caused me to scratch my head because if it's going online to verify "whatever" the updated password should be included in that.

When you reach out to the original owner ask that they provide the password used to log in on the device and if possible ask that they not change the password until you've been able to log in and reset the device from the menu option. Resetting this from the menu option should negate the need for account information at start-up. Account information at start-up is usually just a security default to prevent someone from borrowing the device with the intent to use it for themselves.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the phone was given to you, then I'm assuming this is a friend or family member -- so contact them and ask them to help you log into the phone using their Google account information. Once they've done that and you're logged in, immediately go to Settings>Accounts, select their Google account, then tap Menu>Remove Account. Then do a factory reset. After this reset, you should be able to set the phone up with your own Google account.

If the person who gave you the phone can't help you, then you're stuck. There's no way around that security measure, and we don't allow discussions on how to bypass security measures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar