Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7. Originally Verizon. Using with AT&T.
    I get persistent "Android System" Notifications to "Sign in to Wi-Fi network" whenever one is available (which is all the time at work, at someones home or when driving).
    It only pops up if I am engaged with phone (ie I am interacting with it somehow). It doesn't wake it and show unless I am using it. It seems to be primarily when I am accessing something that needs internet access, such as Pandora, Chrome, or any web based apps... but I cant be certain. Not sure than makes a difference.

It stops whatever I am doing and takes me to the "SIGN IN TO WI-FI NETWORK" screen, where it loads the pertinent WiFi access page.

This literally happens almost every time I use anything web based, when not already on WiFi.

Things I have tried:
    Toggled off "Nearby Device Scanning"
    Held down the various Android Systems WiFi notifications (there are 2, see below)
    Brings me app notifications and highlights both "Network Available" & "Network Status", both of which I toggled to "Do Not Show Notifications".

Despite having all the abovoe setting, the notifications still interrupt any web based activity when not on already on WiFi (which is usually only when at home).

This of course makes me want to login to any WiFi available but doing so is impossible when work WiFi is horrible and when driving. It's also annoying to have to login to store WiFi just to use my phone without being bothered with these notifications.

Therefore, if you can solve this for me, I'll buy you a beer.

Kind Regards,
    07-13-2020 11:00 AM
    Unless you turn off your WiFi, this will continue. With it turned off your battery life should improve
    07-13-2020 11:47 AM
    All phones don't do that. Any idea why this one does? Unfortunate that the only solution is to turn it off and risk forgetting to turn it back on when home or in a remembered WiFi location, primarily b/c it will waste all mobile data which will bottleneck speed later.
    07-13-2020 03:02 PM
    Turning off the wifi system is the only option if your phone does not let you control those notifications.

Check your phone to see if it as a "smart settings" feature where you can set "work" and "home" locations so that you can turn on/off wifi as you enter/leave the areas.
    07-13-2020 03:15 PM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-13-2020 05:59 PM