My J6 is stuck on Download Mode and won't reboot/reset.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

TL;DR - Stuck on Download Mode. FRP Lock + OEM Lock won't allow flashing new ROM or use of fastboot. BL file opens recovery mode, but even a factory reset does nothing but take me back to Download Mode. Galaxy J600GT ZTO U8.

-------

I think I may have just bought a rather expensive brick.

This lady told me her nephew was downloading something from his PC to the cell phone and it ended up stuck on Download Mode forever. She sold it to me at half price and I, firm believer in the powers of the internets, accepted. Been searching for solutions ever since.

I think the nephew was trying to update from Android 9 to 10 using stock roms and somehow locked himself out of the device.

After a week of fussing, I can make it enter Odin mode and accept BL, CP and CSC/Home CSC files (J600GT/U8 from official SamMobile page, Samsung driver OK, original cable), but the AP file crashes at "vendor.img" because of the FRP block.

Selcting only the BL file, I get access the recovery screen, but how good is that if even a factory reset takes me back to Download Mode?

I tried ADB/Fastboot, but I guess OEM lock won't allow my device to be recognized.

The woman has ghosted me and I can't get any further info. Or my money back.

Have I tried everything? What am I missing? I'm at my wit's end.

All help/hints appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech