I want to install an unlocked firmware on my Galaxy S8+ G955U

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I did bought my phone on Facebook. It was unlocked at the time. I tried to update it with the latest firmware. I got the exact firmware as of my device. When I installed the firmware it was a Verizon firmware. I live in Canada and my service provider is Rogers. I tried everywhere but could not get any unlocked firmware. My Firmware based version is (G955USQS7DSK2). I tried to install different firmwares but Odin shows Fail (Auth). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it and download should be 3.13.1 or 3.14.1 / or Frija tool

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool , extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.13.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA

Home data slot dont put nothing

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

Put your model number G955U1 ...region XAA select check for updates , then download the Rom , extract the Rom with 7zip.

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Follow this exactly and you will be on the unlocked firmware put regular csc not home because going from carrier firmware to unlocked will factory reset your device so do a back up before u start